Lelani, our Resident Nutritionist at Shine is sharing two lovely recipes to help give your system a boost.
Lelani – is also offering reduced cost Skype sessions, if you are wanting further tailor made support in boosting your health, whilst we are dealing with the pandemic that is the Cornoavirus.Click to Email for your FREE Consultation
Healing chicken Soup
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 2 hours and 5 minutes
· 2 chicken legs
· salt and pepper
· 3 leeks/spring onions
· 4 carrots
· 3 celery sticks
· 2 garlic cloves
· 20g fresh flat-leaf parsley
· Celtic/sea/Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
· 1 tsp dried porcini mushrooms
· 1 tbsp olive/coconut oil
1. Chop the leeks/spring onions, carrots, and celery, and crush the garlic.
2. Add the olive/coconut oil to a large saucepan with a lid.
3. Add the leeks, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook for a few minutes.
4. Add the chicken legs and fill the saucepan with water.
5. Add some salt and pepper and cook for 1.5 hours.
6. Optional step: wash the porcini mushrooms well. Add some hot water and soak for 20 minutes.
7. Add the fresh parsley, porcini mushrooms and stock from the porcini mushrooms to the saucepan and simmer for a further 30 minutes before serving.
Next something sweet and soothing, whilst full of goodness!
Prep Time 2 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
350ml unsweetened nut milk
half a tsp of ground turmeric
1 tsp cinnamon
5g fresh ginger
a pinch of ground pepper
1 tsp coconut oil
1 cardamom pod, lightly crushed
half a tsp raw honey
Heat the nut milk in a saucepan over a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
Once the milk is warm, add turmeric, ginger, pepper and cardamom.
Let the mixture simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes, so that all the flavours and nutritional benefits of the spices are infused into the milk.
Remove from the heat and strain the mixture to remove the solid ingredients from the milk
Add the coconut oil and honey.
Lelani – Nutritionist at Shine, is also offering reduced cost Skype sessions, if you are wanting further tailor made support in boosting your health, whilst we are dealing with the pandemic that is the Cornoavirus.Click to Email for your FREE Consultation